Wednesday, February 29, 2012

One Month!






Gidget was a little jealous :-)

Auntie Tine giving some loves
Teaching Ainsley how to high five :-)

I cannot believe my little baby girl is 1 month old! I know it was a short month, but still, it went by way too fast. I guess that is bound to happen when my days consist of laundry and watching little miss sleep (my new favorite pastime). Here is a little update on Ainsley:

  • She is a great sleeper (She usually only wakes up 2 times in the night)
  • She is a NOISY sleeper (She makes the funniest noises- grunts and growls- while she is sleeping. This means that Josh and I aren't sleeping real great)
  • She doesn't cry (She whimpers and whines, but has only really cried a couple of times)
  • She is starting to smile more and more (I'm hoping that means "real" smiles are on their way!)
  • Her hair is getting lighter and lighter every day and it's filling in more (looks like her newborn hair is sticking around!)
  • Her hair sticks straight up like her Daddy (She also has a David Bowie Mullet)
  • We like to persuade her hair to dry in a slight Mohawk :-) 
  • Her eyes are a deep beautiful blue color (I think they will stay blue)
  • She is starting to get legit rolls on her thighs and bottom :-)
  • She FINALLY fits into newborn sizes (and I think she will outgrow them very quickly!)
  • Whenever we take flash photography she makes the funniest face (she purses her lips and her eyes get very wide)
  • She makes the sweetest faces as she wakes up (puckers her lips, purses her lips, furrowed brows, the list goes on)
  • We love her more than ever!
(Thanks Mom Duffy for the sign and Chrissy for taking pictures on your fancy camera :-)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hard to believe she in one month already! Cute pictures.

cherise and Tristan said...

So cute. Everett was a noisy sleeper too that after 5 weeks Tristan told me its either him or Everett out of our room. So I finally took the plunge and put the basinett in Everett's room and used the monitor. Having him in our room was just too hard for us to sleep. I figured 5 weeks was old enough. I was finally not watching him sleep every minute of the night at that point.