Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Miss Piggle Wiggle
I can't believe it has been a week! It's no fair that those hospital days count, they were such a blur! (I'll post about those tommorow.) We've settled in at home (huge thanks to both mom's!), and we are getting into the groove of things. Obviously a schedule is non-existant as this time, but I am loving the lazy days. We even made it over to the Duffy's for our monthly Fast Sunday/ FHE dinner and of course the Super Bowl. Yesterday was Ainsley's first Dr.'s appointment. It was so surreal to be taking my baby to the doctors. I felt like I was playing house. I kept giggling filling out her paper work, signing my name as her parent! It still doesn't feel real at all. We were a little nervous about the appointment because Ainsley turned a bit yellow Saturday and as new nervous first time parents, we started reading all of the information on jaundice. We also had a 24hr period where she was having technical difficulties eating. At the appointment they measured and weighed her and it broke my heart when they said she was only 5 pounds 3 ounces!! She lost 12 ounces! The doctor said she looked fine and healthy, not dehydrated at all, her output was right on, but that is a lot of weight for her to lose, especially being so tiny to begin with. We have a follow up appointment Friday just to make sure she is gaining weight. So, our mission...turn her wrinkles into rolls! She has been eating so much so frequently, I think we will be right on track. She just cracks me up when she's eating- she snorts so much and wiggles all over the place! I have started calling her Miss Piggle Wiggle. Her favorite nursing pose is one leg up by my chin with her other foot by her knee (think yoga stretching), and her hand under her chin resting on her elbow. It is so funny I wish there were some way to take a picture, but there isn't :-) She is also a self soother and has found her thumb several times already, she hardly ever cries, and she sleeps a lot (for now!!)! The hardest part of the day is waking her up every two hours to eat, but we only have to do that until she gains enough weight back. Well, little miss is falling asleep which means nap time for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lovin' our little gal!
She will grow faster than you know in no time. The best part is when you realize that she has grown in the night.
She is darling!
Post a Comment