Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Running
I just got back from an awesome trip to Midway, UT. One the things on my list to do while there, was to go walking every day. That seems simple enough until You see the route. It's 2 miles each way of the steepest "hills" I've ever seen. The cabin is at the very tip top, so the way down is a piece of cake (in the summer with no ice) and the way up is treacherous. I was so proud I stuck to my plan and did the 4 miles everyday there. The first day I had a sudden impulse to sprint the last two switchbacks. I was quite impressed I didn't die before I reached the top. While walking the second day, I decided to try running all the "flat-ter" parts in both directions. By the last day there, my legs got all gittery and I just couldn't resist running the entire way down, and parts of the way up. It felt so good to run, tune my mind out, and just let my legs go for it. I love the way my abs burn when I run and the way my lungs feel heavy when I stop. I 've missed that feeling and it feels good to have it back. Hopefully I'll be back to my old running schedule soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, you have always been a good runner. I am jealous. I hate running. haha.
Post a Comment