Saturday, September 25, 2010
Stripping
Really, i just thought that would be a funny post title. I've been sanding down the cherry wood bed frame we have that was painted over in white paint. It has taken forever to sand the flat parts and not I'm left with the intricately carved posts. I tried using paint stripper (hence the title) but it has not been very effective. On a side note, try asking a poor high school boy who works in the paint department at the hardware store for help finding a good stripper for your bed poles. Yes that sentence came out of my mouth before I realized it and it was really awkward from then on. So anyways...I discovered the paint kind of peels of in the heat, so at the moment I am using a blowdryer to heat the paint and tediously peeling it off while trying not the burn my hands under the powerful force of heat. If anyone knows of a better way, I would definitely be interested in giving it a try. Also I will need help deciding how to refinish the bed. My current debate is paint vs stain. Again..any opinion is welcomed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've never done anything like this, but some of my friends have and I'm pretty sure they use an electric sander. I bet you can rent one through Home Depot. Good luck!
Mere - Cousin Jennifer here
Stripping is quite the pain. We had a dresser that we refinished that was quite the pain. Well worth it and turned out beautiful, but a pain! I tried all the tricks that everyone told me about. But the thing that worked the best, was the electric sander. It just takes patience. You go girl! And Good Luck!
XOXO,
Jennifer
Post a Comment