Sunday, May 22, 2011

life

Um...where have the last 6 months gone? I cannot believe it is already the middle/end of May. I was browsing around blogs as I usually do on Sundays and found myself impatient for people to update. I mean geeeeez, Easter was 4 weeks ago. Then I saw the label below my own blog...updated 1 month ago. Whooops. I guess it's time I update. Josh and I have been busy with work, school, and life (life taking up the majority of our time). It sounds good, being busy with "life," maybe that's why I mass apply that label to any and everything that doesn't fall under the category of school, work, or housework. The term is delightfully ambiguous. It covers an unpleasantries and surprises from the week, any laziness, and also the fun things. Sometimes I sit at the end of the week looking at the mountain of laundry that didn't get done, the dirty dishes from the one night I actually cooked (4 nights ago), etc, and wonder what was it again that prevented me from getting all of it done?...oh yeah...LIFE! That usually makes me feel much better. Life is way more important than laundry right? Really though, by Sunday I usually have no idea what I did all week, but I certainly feel busy all day and completely wiped out by night.

I finally finished my semester a few weeks ago. It was a long and tedious journey to the end, but it's another class checked off of my list. I only have one more English class left until my major requirements are completed! The catch... I still have a minor I haven't started. I decided to tackle the hardest classes first so if and when life gets more busy, I wouldn't become a complete basket case. So, now that classes are adjourned, I'm hoping to cross off a few projects that have been waiting (curtains, bed spread, a quilt, refinishing the bed).

Josh has been as busy as ever with work. While I miss him terribly when he works late, which fortunately it is not very often, it also makes me happy to see how fulfilled he is at the end of the day. He works very hard. I think after being a student for so long his work "honeymoon" will be a very long one. He still absolutely loves what he does and loves the people he works with. It's a good fit.

Well, as usually I have a TON of pictures I have been lazy about posting, but I'll add those in another post. It'll just be a mishmash of the last few months.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Gosh, I love you!