I sometimes say I hate shoes, but it's not completely true. I LOVE shoes, I just don't always love WEARING shoes. The truth is I hate the way shoes look on me. I've always had large feet for my height and I feel like shoes just add to the problem. As a kid I ran around barefoot and much to the dismay of anyone showering after me, my feet were ALWAYS black from the street. My mom would lovingly (but with a bit of annoyance) call me "Blackfoot." Well since health codes and social codes require me to wear footwear almost everywhere, I need help. I don't have "regular" shoes. Nothing to throw on with some jeans or shorts. I have "dressy shoes" galore, and a pair of running shoes, but nothing in between. I love TOMs, I think they are comfy and cute on other people, but they look weird on my feet. Vans too. I love boat shoes, I've tried them on, they are comfortable, they are sophisticated but casual and fun at the same time. My dilemma here is color. What color do I get. I LOVE the bright pink, but would they match everything? I'm kind of crazy about matching colors and weird about what I'll wear together. Will it look weird if my shirt is a different shade? Will it bug me? The seersucker is beyond cute, but what if I'm wearing a striped top...too much? The pink is softer so I don't think the matching will bug me, or will it? Then there is white. Good in theory, but I'm messy, food is more likely to get on those white shoes than in my mouth. Plus sometimes white shoes can look like nurse's shoes. This is why I have no shoes. I'm waiting for the perfect pair. Which could you see me sporting? Opinions?
5 comments:
i say the middle one or bright pink
oh and i totally have the same problem i think shoes look real bad on me thats why i always wear rainbows.. my legs are short and stubby so shoes just look weird! ha i hate shoes!
Haha blackfoot is so cute. I live in ballet flats. Peep toe ones give you an open feel like a rainbow while still keeping it girlie.
p.s. Miss your face!
Oooh! I think the first one is so cute an unique!
I think any sensible girl needs on in each color. If they're comfy and fit your body, then why the heck not! Maybe we should go shoe shopping together so at least we know the woes of funky feet. :)
Post a Comment