Sunday, February 8, 2009

Disneyland!!!!

This last week I was in California watching JT and Erik while my parents were in Hawaii with Josh's parents. I wanted to go to Disneyland on a non crowded day so I checked with my mom if I could pull JT out of school on Wednesday to go for a whole day...my birthday present to him :-) Then my mom asked if I would take some of his friends too and have that be his birthday party! (How convenient for her to have his birthday party while shes out of town :-)) He invited his two buddies from school Kylie Stucki and Caelum McCusker and both of their older sisters Hallie and Camden. I picked them up midday and we got to Disneyland by 2:30! I wasn't able to take that many great pictures because I had to keep an eye on all the muchkins, but Camden snagged a bunch of great ones! I'll have to get copies from her!
This is the clan on the tram! Caelum, JT, and Hallie

Camden and Kylie
Camden, Kylie, and Me

Camden, Kylie, Me, Caelum, JT, Hallie

In front of Mickey! They change the garden every season, it used to have Tinkerbell, but now it has a bunch of "balloons" everywhere. The theme right now is "Celebrate Today!" JT can now read and thought they put that all up just for him!!! It was really cute!


The kiddos on the Tarzan bridge.

Hallie climbing the rope.

Kylie climbing the rope.

Camden climbing.

JT climbing

Caelum climbing.


They ALL wanted a picture climbing up!! haha.


In front of the waterfall.



Waiting for Big Thunder. We paired up one "big girl" with one of the munchkins for every ride.

I love this picture. It totally captures all of their personalities! Caelum was having a shy moment and didn't want to be in the picture.

In the "Monkeys" cage on the Casey Jr. train.

Kylie is so adorable.

Me and Cam


Tea Cups!!!
I think Caelum has mixed feelings!!!


We're spinning...

and spinning...
and spinning!
Waiting for space mountain. Our favorite ride!

In front of the Castle!More Castle.




Matterhorn...the final ride of the night!


We stayed all the way till 8:00pm when Disneyland closed! It was a blast! Everyone thought I was crazy for taking (2) 9 year olds and (3) 6 year olds to disneyland by myself, but they were so good. I think that was the most fun I've ever had a disneyland!! I did get a ton of comments from people in line like... "wow you sure got a crowd there!" and "those can't all be yours!"I seriously wonder what goes on in peoples head sometimes! haha. First of all I look like I'm fifteen and for all of the kids to be mine I would have to have had twins then 3 years later triplets. haha. Many seem relieved when I told them none of them are mine, it's my little brother's birthday party, but they still thought I was a little nutty for taking them all by myself...and maybe I am. But it was still fun!
It wasn't crowded at all. We got to go on Splash Mountain, Pirates, Tarzan, Big Thunder, Casey Jr., Tea Cups, Autopia, Dinner at Pizza Port, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Star Tours, and Matterhorn! And if you ask JT he'll add that we got to go on the tram twice!!! haha. The longest wait posted was 20 minutes for Space Mountain, but we just walked through..it was really more like 15!
After all the rides each kiddo got to pick out a pin from the gift shop inplace of a goodie bag!
I didn't get a picture of them and I can't find them all online. But Kylie got a Cinderall hallograph pin, the two boys got Nemo pins, Hallie got a Minnie Mouse on a cell phone pin, and Camden got a Mickey Mouse electrical parade pin.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

fun fun fun......wish you guys came on tuesday!!! i skipped/dictched school and went. (went with the orc dorck class and performed there)we could have hung out...o well. looked like you guys had fun. love ya --chris

Cindy said...

You are brave to take them all, but then again, you are probably one of the few who could totally handle it. Thanks for coming so we could absolutely have a fabulous time in Hawaii.

Love You!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

your so freaking cool Meredith!!!!

Lisa Tucker said...

Looks like alot of fun. No tea cups for me. Puk city! The pictures alone make me have an upset stomach. Glad you are home safe. Auntie