Saturday, February 21, 2009
Bonfire :-)
Last night our friends the Johnsons invited us to go have a bonfire in a canyon (i think bulldog??). I'm so bad with remembering the names of places. I got so disoriented on where we were going, but I think it was N/E of Mesa. Anyways, we got to the park area where the designated fire pits are, but we're too cool for that so we went on a little offroading excursion. After a few breath holding moments (hehehe) we made it to the top of a plateau and set up the campfire! The Johnsons are out door experts and have this down to a science. I was expecting it to be like a bonfire we had in high school where everyone gets together, you have cheap hot dogs and marshmallows that no one cooks quite right but you eat them anyways because it's part of the "experience". No No No....last night we had nice comfy chairs, a table, burgers complete with lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, ketchup, buns! It was GREAT! We even made banana boats, which I had never even heard of, but I think I'm in love. You open part of the banana peel, cut a few slits across the banana, insert chocolate chunks, close the banana up, wrap in foil and cook in the fire. We forgot tin foil so we improvised and they tasted amazing. I don't really like marshmallows, so I'm glad to have an alternative to smores!!! We had so much fun just sitting and telling stories...we were sad to go when the the fire died out. We mad a grand exit by lighting some fireworks the Johnsons had leftover. I think they got a good laugh at how chicken Josh and I were. They had a couple black cats (or bob cats!), some artillery rounds (they shoot up high in the sky!), and my favorite were these long sticks that you hold and little fireworks shoot up randomly out of them. Some twirled, some shot up then exploded into a shower of glitter. I felt like Hermione Granger holding a wand and casting spells :-))) I kept shouting out things like "Expecto Patronum!!!". I'm going to need to buy more of those fireworks...it was too much fun! Here are a few pictures I took. We will definitely need to do this again!!!!
Julia and their adorable baby Sammy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! That looks and sounds like it was a blast! Glad you took the camera. Good friends are a blessing!
Awwww! I totally miss you guys! It looks like you and Josh are doing great. Are Julia and Sean still in the ward? Wow, I wish we could do a bonfire here, but seeing how it snowed last night, yeah, that's not gonna work!! Take care!!
Post a Comment