Tuesday, May 20, 2008

One year ;-)

Sunday was our one year anniversary!!! Josh actually survived an entire year of living with me....amazing! Well, Josh is in California starting his summer job and I'm still in Arizona finishing up my job so for our anniversary we thought being in the same state was a must! I volunteered to take a day off work and fly to California for the weekend (because I'm such a thoughtful wife)! We spent all the money we don't have on getting me out there so Josh had the challenge of surprising me with a wonderful date on about $10. Let me tell you he did a FANTASTIC job! We went to my favorite taco shop down in san clamente, brought the loot down to the beach and ate, talked, and just relaxed. The beach was such a perfect place for us to go! Not only because I love the beach, but because it is such a peaceful place. Whenever we have a date night we end up going out to eat or to a movie, which is wonderful, but not the ideal chatting time. Even more, when we are home together I'm cursed with not being able to sit for more than 2 minutes with out getting up to rotate laundry or clean the bathroom. It was so nice to just sit and enjoy each other's company, no distractions. So.... after we devoured our tacos we went back to the Duffy's for our yummy cake! The baker we got our original from replicated the top layer of our cake for a fresh (no frozen then thawed) reinactment! It was delish! To top off an amazing evening, Josh still got me a present! First year theme being paper, any guesses on what he could possibly get me? Golden Spoon gift card! While technically plastic it's my favorite!!!! And from me to him.. BYU homecoming game tickets! (they're not on sale yet so I had to make my own, but he got the idea!). our lifeguard tower




we love cake
Josh got me those beautiful flowers

on our way out the door

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Such good posts! I might have to 'borrow' a picture or two! Missing you already. Thanks for the birthday call today. I loved it!

Love You Too!

gwen and bob said...

your cake looked awesome!