Monday, September 24, 2007
monday...
yesterday was the most fun i've had in a long time! church was great. we sat down in our usual seat and a few minutes later a grandma and her twin grandaughters morgan and chelsea (6 yrs old) sat next to us. it wasn't a minute before morgan came and sat right next to me to share a hymn book. A few minutes later she was sitting on my lap, head on my shoulder, telling me she was going to take a nap. She was quite a wiggler though, and complained that my shoulder wasn't as soft as her grandma's. hah. Luckily I was still able to hear the speakers. One of our young women spoke. She is the president, but tends to act "too cool" to fulfill a lot of her responsibilities. She gave a great talk though. Sunday school is aways a little interesting. Josh signed us up for the provident living class which has turned out to be quite a doomsday reminder. It has motivated us to get our things a little more organized, which is always a good thing. Josh and I both taught lessons during 3rd hour. They both went really well. I was really excited because all of the young women got into the lesson. They were answering questions, asking questions, and telling personal experiences. The lesson was on Holding Fast to the Lord's Standards. It was a nice break for them, apparently the last 9 lessons or so have been on morality, which of course is a very important topic, but I think they were ready for a new topic. After church we went staight up to aunties for an amazing dinner! josh was so excited to be able to watch football with uncle craig who enjoys watching it as much (and more) than he does. i'll watch, but i don't generally shout scream and yell the way they do. Auntie and grandma had gone to michael's on saturday and got a bunch of supplies for a holiday wreath. After dinner they helped me make a beautiful wreath for our apartment! It turned out soo great!! It was so nice of them to do that for me. I love making crafts, but would never justify taking the time or spending the money to do it. Not only that, but they did such a great job at picking out colors and styles of things I like. Our apartment it looking so festive! Josh loves it because it reminds him of home. We left fairly late, came home, and I went straight to bed. Oh yeah, and yesterday we officially decided it would be best for us if I stop working a Nordstrom. It's just too much and there are other, more important, things that deserve my attention. So I woke up around 4 this morning feeling very sick. I called for a sub, which turned out to be quite a fiasco, finally got one and slept all day today. I finally caught what's been going around our class. I'm feeling much better now, so i'll be back to work tomorrow at the school till 4:30, then nordstrom till close (and i'll be putting in my 2 weeks!!!) I'm a little nervous about doing it though, because my mangers reming me of the boss in the devil wears prada. We'll see how it goes!!!! Well, josh needs the computer for class. until next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope you're feeling lots better. I really enjoyed talking with you while you guys were driving home from Auntie's. And thanks too for the 'phone' picture of the wreath! Totally YOU and will look great in your apartment.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment