Monday, June 25, 2012

4 Months!


4 Months has been a big one for us! We've had giggles, rolling over, bringing hands together and then into mouth, and of course lots and lots of "talking" and smiles! (It's also been a rough month, with an ever changing sleep schedule, which really means it isn't much of a schedule!) Ainsley went through a couple of weeks with short inconsistent naps, which led to her being overtired, which led to her sleeping less, which led to tears, which led to mama sleeping less, and finally...mama in tears. I think every mom has had at least one blurp of this in her life. I have given in to doing anything that will help her sleep, even letting her sleep on my chest for hours in the middle of the day, covering her ears every time I sense Gidget getting ready to bark at those darn bunnies in our yard, and yes...putting my phone on silent. Am I creating a bad habit? Perhaps. But she has been a very happy, well rested baby for 3 days in a row now, so I don't really mind. We just won't tell her future siblings about this, because we all know they won't get this much catering to and attention. It will be our little secret :-) Oh, and Ainsley has already mastered her manipulating daddy skills. Whenever I sneak out to grab frozen yogurt or run an errand after putting Ainsley to bed, she will wake up minutes after I'm gone, cry with building momentum for the length of our "designated time," until daddy comes to the rescue, at which point she bursts into a gigantic smile as she hears the door open, and gives daddy the sweetest looks. We are going to be in some serious trouble with this one. And just so we are clear, I have officially traded in a semi-organized, semi-clean house, and a flustered baby for completely chaotic house and a very happy baby. Totally worth it! Just don't judge me when you come over. Better yet, why don't we just meet elsewhere! (Yes, it's that bad.)

Enough chit chat, here are some pictures of our adorable little girl. Straight from the doctor for her 4 month check up (notice bandages from the shots):
















Stats:
12 pounds,14 ounces
24 inches long
head circumference: 40 cm


  • Ainsley loves looking at herself in the mirror
  • Giggles a lit bit here and there, but we REALLY have to work for it
  • Brings her hands together and to her mouth
  • Reaches for toys and can hold them and bring them to her mouth
  • Really starting to show interest in the pictures when we read stories
  • Takes her passy out of her mouth and holds triumphantly in the air

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Love the big pictures! But love that little baby even more. It's only been a few days and I'm in withdrawals......

Alia Steele said...

OMG Mere she is STUNNING! I didn't think she could get cuter, but she did. Love that little one- and you! Miss you guys :)