We had such a fun Halloween weekend! I have to say it's probably been my favorite Halloween since I was a little kid.
We kicked off with a scary movie Friday night (after I finished my paper!).
Then Saturday we went to a costume/spooky dinner party. Our hostess was amazing, I felt like I was on the set of a Martha Stewart photo shoot (and I mean that in the best possible way!). We had a salad with bat, broom, and coffin shaped croutons, green beans with almond slivers (that look like finger nails), bbq chicken, twice baked potatoes (which I had never had before and I am in love!), and jello in the shape of a hand (how did she do it?!). We also had amazing dessert, my FAVORITE mint oreo ice cream pie (it's like she can read minds!!!), cookies, cupcakes, candy apples! I kept saying I felt like I was Gretel at the witches house been fed goodies to fatten me up! The table was so cool, I can't even explain/remember all the little details, but it was the perfect cross of elegant and spooky. She even had chair covers with bows! We played an awesome game during dinner, throwing sticky candy eye balls at a skeleton face on the wall, trying to get them to stick in the eye socket (it was REALLY hard!). I couldn't even get mine to hit the wall, they kept landing on the couch! I can't throw to save my life! We also had a candy necklace kit, and we had fun stringing and tying our necklaces. Somehow my packet had WAY more rings in it and Josh had the least amount, so of course he accused me all night of stealing from him (I have to admit, it IS totally something I would do, but I didn't this time!!!). We finished the night with a VERY long and intense game of "Pirate Perudo." We had such a great time and can't wait to get together with everyone again!
Sunday we had a relaxing taco night with a few couples, watched some football, and passed out candy to the 5 trick or treaters that came. (I'm so glad I bought 7 bags of NAME BRAND candy.. I must give it away so I don't eat it all.) One of our friends brought pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that were to die for! Even Josh, who does not like pumpkin anything, couldn't put them down! I must get the recipe! It was the perfect Sunday and hope to have many more just like it to follow!
2 comments:
Sounds like it was wonderful. Cute pictures!
We had a great time too! I will have to get you that recipe! :)
Post a Comment