Friday, February 19, 2010

i want to ride my BYCYCLE (think Queens)

Whenever I ride my bike I get that Queen song suck in my head. Anyways...lately I've been riding my bike home from work which has been great. Someone said to me HOW GREEN I was being... I just laughed because the only reason I'm riding my bike is because Josh has our one car. I rode my bike to the Josh's parent's house Wednesday and left it there because it was dark, so today I decided to take a break in my homework, drive to get my bike, leave the car for Josh, and ride my bike home. (That's not complicated right?) I was coming in the back gate for Coto and decided to ride along that back road instead of Coto drive. It was a little harder than I anticipated, but I loved it! I felt such a sense of ACCOMPLISHMENT when I got over the last hump of each hill (with out standing up to pedal once!). I just love that I found something that feels fulfilling, EVEN WHEN IM JUST DOING IT JUST TO PROCRASTINATE :-) My favorite think about my bike riding (aside from burning off some fat) it that FREE feeling. I'm slightly claustrophobic (Josh is probably laughing at my use of slightly) and cannot STAND working out in a gym. I hate running on the treadmill, stationary bikes and the elliptical DONT WORK. I laugh when the calorie counter tells me I'm burning more on the elliptical, exerting almost no effort, not even sweating, over panting and sprinting 8 minute miles at a 9 inclination on the treadmill. THERE IS NO WAY! For me the gym builds my boredom and patience endurance way more than it is any physical work out. I'm to the point now where I CRAVE being outside. I have to just go out there, no matter what the weather is like, just to BE out there. I went out running and bike riding in Idaho up until Dec 15th. I had about 1000 layers of clothing on, but I just had to get out. I ran outside in Arizona, even in August, wishing I had ZERO layers of clothing on. SO now there is no reason, with the mild temps, that I should be inside all day. I have to say though, I am slightly more self-conscious riding around where everyone can see me. I feel like a complete NERD with my mushroomhead helmet, SMURF blue socks, and sunglasses on a CLOUDY day. I tried riding the trails, but after a major WIPEOUT a few years ago, I realized the sand was a little trickier than my skills allow for. Anyway. I just felt like sharing my random ramblings, in yet another attempt to procrastinate doing more homework. :-)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Love your ramblings....More please!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

i love procrastinating :) but I have no where to ride a bike around here :(

Jeremy & Echelle Slade said...

You are so super cute!! I am glad you have fun outside there. It is so beautiful there, I don't know how anyone couldn't just absolutely love it! We are so excited to see you this week! I hope you have a lot of fun at your cousins house this week as well! Love you guys!

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

Riding bikes is always good times. Do you by any chance remeber how to get to the furniture store in PHX you purchased your dresser at? I have been there once before and can not remember how to get there. It sounds like things are going well and that the weather will stay nice.