Okay..about my "upgrade". So I had to get a new phone so I went to the phone store and after much researching the sales guy figured out I had an upgrade available. Then he asked what I wanted. Me: "Something undestructable." Him: "They haven't invented that yet." Me: "Darn. Then what is the cheapest phone." Well...the orange beauty below is what that conversation landed me! I was playing around with it, trying to make a few calls, return a text, change the annoying ring tone, and got a little frustrated. I've seen 3 yr old play phones with better features. Then I remembered how this was supposed to be an upgrade...hahah. I guess it kind of is though seeing as how this phone can turn on and make phone calls. (My beautiful pink one no longer does either of those things!)
Thursday, September 17, 2009
First Paycheck!! And an Upgrade?
Last night Josh brought home his first paycheck!!! They even drew a smiley face on the envelope! :-) Josh hated me for making him take a picture...but I just HAD to. Plus he won't be getting an actual paycheck anymore because they'll do direct deposit. So I couldn't pass up the opportunity. He was so excited when he got home. We went to deposit the check together (we are cheesy...we know!) and then got some cold stone to celebrate. No holding back...we got "love it" sizes this time, even without a coupon. I cannot tell you how amazing it feels to know that if I went to the grocery store right now I could pay with my debit card, a check, or even cash. Who uses cash anymore? :-) I actually can't because we have a LOT of student debt to pay off, but TECHNICALLY SPEAKING...I could. Horray to beginning our climb out of student loans and into savings!!!

Okay..about my "upgrade". So I had to get a new phone so I went to the phone store and after much researching the sales guy figured out I had an upgrade available. Then he asked what I wanted. Me: "Something undestructable." Him: "They haven't invented that yet." Me: "Darn. Then what is the cheapest phone." Well...the orange beauty below is what that conversation landed me! I was playing around with it, trying to make a few calls, return a text, change the annoying ring tone, and got a little frustrated. I've seen 3 yr old play phones with better features. Then I remembered how this was supposed to be an upgrade...hahah. I guess it kind of is though seeing as how this phone can turn on and make phone calls. (My beautiful pink one no longer does either of those things!)
Okay..about my "upgrade". So I had to get a new phone so I went to the phone store and after much researching the sales guy figured out I had an upgrade available. Then he asked what I wanted. Me: "Something undestructable." Him: "They haven't invented that yet." Me: "Darn. Then what is the cheapest phone." Well...the orange beauty below is what that conversation landed me! I was playing around with it, trying to make a few calls, return a text, change the annoying ring tone, and got a little frustrated. I've seen 3 yr old play phones with better features. Then I remembered how this was supposed to be an upgrade...hahah. I guess it kind of is though seeing as how this phone can turn on and make phone calls. (My beautiful pink one no longer does either of those things!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! You guys are awesome. We're so excited for both of you. What a great day! Glad you got a picture. Can I borrow it?
Yeah Yeah Yeah. Isnt it the best feeling. I remember being so elated when I got my first check. Then I looked at all the money they were taking out and how much I got versus what I really made, and I was so mad. That was when I understood what everyone was talking about....taxes, soc security and medicare. Blah! It was a harsh reality. Congrats on your job and the paycheck. Hope to see you both soon.
good job on the check now for something really important how bout them cougars . clint
Yeah, yeah, yeah!! We are so happy for you guys! We miss you a lot during football season!
Post a Comment