Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Josh v. BAR

Josh and I packed our bags monday morning and left for Ontario. Not Ontario, Canada....Ontario, California! Why you ask? That is a good question because it is only 40 minutes from where we live. We are here for Josh to take the BAR. His review teacher scared them all to death about the freeway being closed and missing the test, so here we are! Although I can't complain at all, it may only be 40 minutes away...but this is DEFINITELY a vacation for me. We are in the Presidential Suite. That's right. It is sooo neat. It is the size of 4 regular hotel rooms complete with Jacuzzi, 3 bathrooms (?why??) dining room, living room, sitting room with a fireplace! It is awesome and actually the perfect set up for Josh. He is enjoying the room, but this is NOT a vacation for him. Josh is in charge of worrying in our family and he is doing more than enough to cover all extended family as well. Sometimes he gets annoyed about how relaxed I am about the exam, but it really and truly is because I am not worried. He has worked so hard for so long. I've tested him many times and he knows basically everything. I know he will pass it! He just finished his first day today. The test started an hour LATE! Kind of annoying. So when I showed up with his lunch at 11:50am I had to wait until 1:10pm for him to come out. Poor Josh was really hungry! And they cut his lunch from an hour to 20 minutes. Then he was out an hour and a half late! So now tomorrow he starts thirty minutes earlier tomorrow! Lets hope they keep it all together. While I was waiting for his group to get out a mother of a girl taking the bar befriended me. She was very interesting to talk to. I heard serveral shouted swear words by people as they exited the building, a couple loud sighs, and even a few people completely melt down crying. Josh seemed very relaxed at lunch and right when he got home, but then about 15 minutes later he kept running through things in his mind and started stressing out. I told him to stick with his initial reactions because those wre more accurate. Besides, whats done is done and there is nothing he can do now except wait till NOVEMBER to get his results. Oh yeah, and go back tomorrow and thursday, and a week from friday to do it all over again! no biggie :-) Thank you all for you prayers and well wishes. Josh thinks he is doomed and nothing can help him now, but everyones help and support in getting him here and seeing him through this means a lot and I know it makes a difference! Thanks again!!!!

2 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

tell Josh good luck for us :) I can't say I really understand... but I remember thinking I flunked my national exam. & here I am :) Have fun in your presidential.. lucky!

Cindy said...

Yes, he and Nats do enough worrying for everyone!

This is a great post. Almost 1/2 done! What a good wife you are: taking lunch to him, etc.!

Enjoy it. Soon it will just be a memory....