This week has been a little tricky to navagate through, but here I am on Sunday feeling very renewed and ready for whats ahead. Earlier this week I was feeling very overwhelmed at the thought of the move and changes that are creeping up on me and Josh. I was also getting a bit of senioritis and wanted to slack a bit in my duties with my calling, work, and at home. I just kept thinking to myself "what is the point!". Then at mutual on tuesday one of my girls gave me that neckalce that I took a picture of! She got it for me while on a family trip in las vegas! I was so touched I almost started crying. I felt so guilty for my earlier thoughts, how selfish of me. It probably seems so trivial and insignificant, but it means so much to me!
I had another sweet little experience today. After every stake conference the floral arrangements are taken apart and arranged into several smaller vases which are taken to widows from each ward. I was in charge of one of the vases and so on our way home Josh and I stopped at the assigned house. Her name is Sister Young and her husband just passed away earlier this week. I knocked on the door and the sweetest elderly woman came to the door and she had the biggest smile on her face. I told who I was and that the flowers were for her. She looked so surprised then her eyes filled with tears and she asked, "How come I get these beautiful flowers?" I told her that the relief society presidency had been thinking of her and wanted the yw to deliver them to her. She was so taken back she cried a little more and I gave her a huge hug. She was so touched that people in the ward were thinking of her. It struck me how unbelievable humble and grateful this woman was. I had never met her before and because we're moving soon I probably wont ever really get to know her, but I'm so glad I had the opportunity to be touched by her example and sweet spirit. I could just feel love radiating out of her!
3 comments:
Meredith- your such an amazing person, you have a bright future ahead of you & I'm gonna miss you a ton!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad I was given the opportunity to learn from you while you were here :)
What sweet experiences! I love the idea of the flowers for the widows. You will always cherish that necklace!
I love experiences like that. I really lets you know what is really important in life. Thank you for sharing. I loved the post!!
Post a Comment