Friday, October 31, 2008
Arrrrgggg.
This last past week and a half has been so frustrating. First on my flight home from California my ipod got stolen. That was a major bummer for me because I RELY on music to get me to the gym and to stay on the machines for more than 2 seconds. (I'm not a gym kind of girl. I need to be outside looking at something other than my own reflection bouncing up and down for an hour, although sometimes my ponytail swinging can be quite entertaining!!!) The real delema of the ipod hit home when I started putting everything together for our Halloween mutual activity. I had no way to play the music I had JUST downloaded for the party. Silly I know, but we only had our ipod and a dock to play ipods, no cd's, no cd player and of course my music is all on the desktop and not the lap top. Hooray! So while running to 50 different stores to get everything for the party I had to buy some blank cd's, burn them, and play them on my lap top. I know I'm just spoiled by technology, but man was that a pain I didn't really have time to deal with. But all is well now. After two or three nights of little sleep the party is now over with and all is well. Until the other day I was reading over my credit card bill and noticed a $388 charge. I freaked out because the only time I've spent that much money at one time is to pay rent and thats a check! The mystery store.....BLOCKBUSTER?!? My panic went away because I knew it was a mistake. Sure we didn't turn in our movies right on time, but there are no late fees, and even if there were, not $388 worth, right? WRONG! Apparently after a week you don't pay a late fee, you buy the movie and it's non refundable. We were just so lucky enough to have rented the MOST expensive thing in the store (the manager told us) Lost Season 3. The whole season. They charged us $60 a disc and there is nothing we can do about it. The manager, who I wanted to punch in the face, let me know, "On the bright side...you can keep them, or I could get $388 worth of movies I DO want" I then let him know that if I wanted to buy movies I would go to target and not wasted my time renting them. I had a few more words with him, but I'll leave those out. It wasn't a good moment in "Meredith History". His superior is calling me this week, we'll see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that freaking SUCKS! That actually happened to me & Sean, but on a much smaller scale- we had a movie charged to us & we returned it & they told us we bought it & just come back & get it. we never did, so we payed for a movie we didnt' even get! & I just wanted to say thanx for all the work you put into young womens!! I seriously appreciate it more than you know... & those girls are freaking lucky to have you there!!!!
That happened to us too and we now boycott Blockbuster...and we let them know that we will never be renting or buying a movie from them again. Instead we now go to Best Buy & BUY a 7.99 DVD instead of renting one for $6 & then accidentally buying it for $40. Join the boycott!! Oh, and blockbuster did let us know that we could sell the dvd back to them if we didn't want it (ummm, that's why I rented it) but for 1/2 price and she also suggested I try selling the dvd on e-bay... thanks for all the useful suggestions!! (note the sarcasm). See you at x-mas!! :)
That is terrible! Well, now we know. Write a post about how the party went. Do you have any pics? Happy Halloween!
Post a Comment