Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Nesting and Meltdowns

31 week, which means I have 8 weeks left! (If you are questioning my math, it's because I will be induced a week early.) Where has the time gone? I have been waiting/putting off getting baby things and nesting, until I looked at a calendar and realized baby girl will be here in EIGHT WEEKS! My mom and I went to Babies'R'Us on Saturday to register and look at baby things. I had a great time and was VERY greatful for her help. As we shopped around she was going through the list of things I'd need for myself like nursing bras, etc. I asked, when do I need to get those? She loving said, "Well, now would be a good time." That's when the overwhelming feeling started creeping in. Then I got home. I was excitedly talking to Josh about all the cute things I saw and how fun it was to register for everything. Then the second realization sunk in....I picked out everything for our baby for us to go back and buy, but there is no magic fairy that is going to go get everything, put it all together, clean out the baby's room to make room for all of the things. I have also been putting off registering for a childbirth class, a nursing class, a hospital tour, etc. I get EXTREMELY squirmy whenever I read the birthing book my sister gave me, and I kept thinking I would just do everything at the end of the semester, which is this week, but now I don't think I have enough time to do it all! Needless to say, poor Josh had to deal with a bit of crying and hysteria from me. There were no words that would comfort me, and saying nothing was making me more upset. After a long shower, a good night's sleep, and a new perspective in the morning, I was good again. This baby is coming, I will do what I can before, and if something doesn't get done, she will still come, and it will be okay!
(Here's to hoping the birthing class doesn't put me back into hysteria mode!)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Ah, yes. I had 'that' with my first when I was at work at the bank. What a blessing a co-worker was filing down in the basement when I walked down for my break. She listened to me talk and cry and offered her wisdom and I remember standing at the bottom of those stairs looking up towards the lobby and the teller line, taking a deep breath, squaring my shoulders and walking back up to smile at the customers who had no clue I was in meltdown mode. But that gals advice helped me more than she will ever know. I can still see her face and hear the cadence in her voice.

You'll do GREAT! Because you are awesome. Have I ever told you how much we love you and how lucky we are to have you in our family???!