Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Frumpy
I'm sitting in bed (yes at 10:00am), it's my day off work. I just finished paying some bills, I have lots of homework and reading to do and lots of errands to run ( I actually have a car today!!!). Normally I would easily put off the homework to run errands, but I just don't want to have to put on "real" clothes. Pathetic I know. Riding my bike to work, I'm always in work out clothes, and now I never want to put on anything with a button or zipper (this constitutes real clothes). It seems like the only time I get "dressed" now is for church, and anyone at the impromptu roadshow meeting after church can attest that the church clothes are replaced with yoga pants and a sloppy shirt immediately upon my arrival home. This led me to wonder, when did I become so frumpy? I came to the realization that I've always been like this, but its much cuter in high school. I probably should take this as an ah-ha moment, get up, put some "real" clothes on and look presentable to run my errands, but no. I am just going to own the fact that I will be a "yoga pants mom," my future kids will be embarrassed to be seen in public with me, and in the mean time I'll be on the watch out for hidden cameras, Stacy London, and Clinton Kelly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
:) Sorry to break it to you Mere... you will NEVER be frumpy!!!!!
Bahah..you are wayy too nice.
p.s. I just looked down at my calendar and realized the week afte new years came and went and we didn't see you! We miss you guys soo much, we really need to plan something soon!!!! Joey is growing too fast and we've never seen him!
hahah too funny!!! i feel the EXACT same way. actually i think ive been in the same pajamas for 3 days now! i a hoping to get a shower in today. haha and you are not frumpy, you look cute in workout clothes! not mayn people can get away with looking cute in workout clothes. so girl if you can sport it... then you SPORT IT!!!
I have been doing the same thing. I would love to blame it on being at the end of my pregnancy, but lets be honest yoga pants are just so comfy it's hard to pass them up. I have gotten so bad that I don't really put on make-up or style my hair unless I am going somewhere. I just hope this is a phase and I eventually have to desire to get ready regardless of my activities that day.
Mere...we started "Frump" in high school and I don't think we will ever get out of it ;) Just embrace our haggardness with honor!
Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.
- Daniel
Post a Comment