Wednesday, February 13, 2008

fall 2008

yeah!!!....i found the ideal job for next year! My plans are to start BYU independent study classes until Josh and I figure out when we are moving to when he graduates, then I'll transfer all my credits to the closest university I get into to get my degree! A little complicated, but it works. Anyways, the independent study thing is tricky because I couldn't justify not working and just going to school, we can afford it. But at the same time I need to put some serious effort and time into my classes. So long story slightly shorter....a family from the montesorri school that I babysit for needs a nanny starting in the fall. The mom is due in June and going back to work in August and will need someone to take their adorable 2 year old to school and then stay at home with the newborn! The pay is good, the family is great, I can't wait! The one downside is I wont be getting medical benefits through work, but she is a dentist and owns her own practice and is going to work free dental for me and josh into my payment. Yay! It's been great working at the school, I love it and I've learned a lot. But I can't wait to have a more flexible job schedule again. It's something (like growing up in the perfect weather climate) I've been spoiled with and it's hard to change!!!! Well it's late. goodnight.

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds like a good plan! It's hard to believe that a year from now you guys will be on the 'home stretch' with Josh's school!

Thanks again for all your help with the wedding. Love YOU!

gwen and bob said...

Right on, Mer! Sounds like a fun job for you! Is this the family you and Josh already babysat for? Nice hook-up! Perfect job for you. I think Josh can get insurance through ASU.......fun to see ya the other night! gwen

Cindy said...

LOVE the new look! How did you do it??? You are so clever!

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gwen and bob said...

like to dots!!

Tracy said...

Love the new look of the blog!! So are you getting ready to roll in the mud with us ladies?!?! Your job sounds perfect! Can't wait to see you in person in a few months! :)

Kristin said...

Love the new look! Where'd you get it from?

Deidre said...

Hey Mere. I'm glad to hear the good news about your nanny job. That sounds perfect. I wish I could find something like that during Brad's dental school. And I just have to say you are more disciplined than I am. One lousy BYU Indep Study course held up my graduation forever! Good luck with that. I'm impressed.

The Skeen's said...

The job sounds great! I love watching all you cute couples figuring things out - inspiring!
Can't wait to see you in May!